The following procedures will be applied as necessary to your particular job under normal conditions:
- All furnishing and floors will be covered and protected
- Walls will be scraped, patched, and sanded. They will also be re-inspected and patched as necessary before final coats are applied
- Fill wall and ceiling cracks with spackling compound, let dry, and sand smooth
- More advanced cracks will receive an application of fiberglass joint tape, will be spackled and sanded smooth
- Glossy surfaces and trim will be sanded and cleaned to assure proper paint adhesion
- Scrape and sand rough areas due to previous paint failure
- Caulk cracks in wood trim and along wall/trim interface
- Apply a stain sealer to water and tannin wood stains
- Work areas will be cleaned-up and vacuumed, and debris will be taken away
- Upon completion, left over paint will be labeled and left at the job site
- Hardware to be removed and re-installed. Includes curtain rods, window latches, switch plates and cover plates. Door knobs, thermostats, alarm system hardware will not be removed
Walls and/or Ceilings
- Apply two (2) coats of interior latex flat paint of highest quality to walls and/or ceilings
- Apply two (2) coats of interior latex semi-gloss paint of highest quality to trim
- Liability insurance and workman’s compensation insurance are carried by (replace with Insurance Company and Phone Number).
- Please feel free to contact our insurance carrier for a copy of a Certificate of Insurance.
- J.F. Painting LLC warrants labor and material for a period of two (2) years. If paint failure appears, we will supply labor and materials to correct the condition without cost. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. Our responsibility is limited to correcting the condition as indicated above.
- This warranty excludes, and in no event will J.F. Painting LLC be responsible for consequential or incidental damages caused by accident or abuse, temperature changes, settlement or moisture; i.e., cracks caused by expansion and/or contraction. Cracks will be properly prepared as indicated at time of job, but will not be covered under this warranty.
- Horizontal walking surfaces are excluded from this warranty.
- J.F. Painting LLC is a member of the Painting and Decorating Contractors of America.
- All work is to be completed in a workman like manner according to standard practices. Worker/s will remain on job until completion of project. Work site will be cleaned daily and upon project completion. All agreements are contingent upon strikes, accidents, or delays beyond our control.
- Work procedures as per standards of the PDCA (Painting and Decorating Contractors of America) P1-92, P2-92, P3-93, P4-94, P5-94, P7-99 and P6-99.
- The painting contractor will produce a “properly painted surface”. A “properly painted surface” is one that is uniform in color and sheen. It is one that is free of foreign material, lumps, skins, sags, holidays, misses, strike-through, or insufficient coverage. It is a surface that is free of drips, spatters, spills, or over-spray which the contractors’ workforce causes. Compliance to meeting the criteria of a “properly painted surface” shall be determined when viewed without magnification at a distance of five feet or more under normal lighting conditions and from a normal viewing position.
Please take specific note of job description.
- Colors must be chosen one (1) week prior to start date. An additional cost will be charged for color changes made after commencement of work.
- Closets are not included in price unless otherwise stated.
- Please have fragile or breakable items and electronics moved out of work areas prior to start of project.
- Alarms must be turned off while work is in progress.
- Wallpaper is to be supplied by customer. Some wall coverings may be priced higher to install; ie., untrimmed paper or use of lining paper.
- Occupants must vacate work area while job is in progress.
- Customer is to be available to meet with foreman on the last day of job
- This is only a proposal and your acceptance is subject to our approval in order to make this contract binding.
- If after you agree to this work, you desire any changes of additional work, please contact us as the cost of all revisions must be agreed upon in writing. Workers are instructed not to undertake additional work without authorization.
- Starting date is to be agreed upon verbally. Changes may require additional cost.
- It is essential that the work area be available to us, free from other trades. As a result of trade interference, J.F. Painting LLC may leave the job and additional charges may be incurred.
- Due to the concealed conditions of existing wall coverings, it may be impossible to estimate the labor of removal and preparation necessary to achieve a properly painted or wall papered surface. Under normal conditions wall covering can be removed properly without damage to the surface; however, sometimes the substrate has not been sealed properly or other hidden conditions may exist. Due to these factors, added labor and material cost may become necessary. If these conditions exist, the owner will be notified before further work commences.
- We propose to furnish material and labor – complete and in accordance with the above specifications for the sum of all as stated above. Individual tasks, if selected, may require additional pricing. Price is valid for thirty (30) days, unless otherwise noted.